276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Betty Crocker Classic Coffee Cake Mix 425g (Pack of 6)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The main difference between coffee cake and regular cake is coffee cakes typically have a streusel topping or crumble on top of them, as opposed to regular cake which is served either plain or with some type of frosting/icing.

To Store: Leftover coffee cake should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or tightly covered with aluminum foil, and will remain fresh for up to 5 days. Use half as much streusel and skip the topping. Instead, just sprinkle the streusel in the middle layer of the cake. Don’t leave the cake in the pan for too longafter baking — about 10-15 minutes is plenty. After that, condensation will start to form and the moisture will negatively impact the crust. Just as you do with the regular cake mix coffee cake, pour the cake batter in first, add the streusel layer, then repeat with the remaining cake batter and streusel. My Victoria Sponge – Celebration Cakeis great for those of you who don’t like coffee – but this cake really is delicious.You can also easily make this into a coffee & walnut cake like my Coffee and Walnut Cupcakes by adding in 100g of chopped walnuts into the cake sponge!If you’re enjoying cake a day (or more) later,reheat the leftoversto give the slices a nice, soft texture. Just loosely cover an individual slice andmicrowave for 10-15 seconds (or until warm). This cake is delicious and moist and I can’t get over how simple it is considering. I used a bit more than the usual 200g rule for victoria sponges as I like to have slightly deeper cakes and I find it bakes a bit better also! Finally, cut and serve! This coffee cake is delicious warm or cooled. Store any leftovers in an airtight container or cover the pan with plastic wrap. Pour half of the cake batter in the bottom of a greased Bundt pan, then sprinkle with all of the streusel topping. Lastly, top with the remaining cake batter.

Although the name might make you think that coffee cake is made with coffee, it’s actually coffee-free. A delicious and moist two-layer Coffee Layer cake with a light & fluffy Coffee Buttercream Frosting! You can also sprinkle the top with a dusting of powdered sugar, in lieu of a glaze, or omit the glaze completely. Yes, nuts are a delicious addition and great way to add a crunch and texture to this cake. I recommend adding 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the streusel topping mixture. Yellow Cake Mix –you’re going to need a good yellow cake mix and everything needed to make the batter.For some added sweetness drizzle a little cream cheese frosting glaze or sprinkle on some powdered sugar over the top. How to Freeze: Allow the cake to cool completely. Do not glaze. Wrap tightly with a layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter overnight. Once the cake is completely thawed, drizzle with icing and serve! To Freeze: Let cake cool completely and freeze individual slices wrapped in saran wrap in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. Once ready to eat, thaw overnight in the fridge, and re-heat in the microwave as desired. Buttermilk – This gives your coffee cake a bright, tangy flavor and adds to the moisture. You can substitute regular milk with 1 teaspoon lemon juice if needed. Make Ahead. You can bake the cake ahead of time, sleep in, and pour yourself a warm cup of coffee in the morning. There’s no need to wake up early!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment